Senior Digital Advertising Strategist, ABD Direct – Washington, DC or Milwaukee, WI preferred
ABD Direct is a full-service direct response fundraising firm. For more than four decades, we have fostered dedicated partnerships with non-profit charitable and advocacy organizations, pushing the boundaries of direct response fundraising and securing the resources they need to fulfill their critical missions. ABD Direct has a long history of developing integrated programs and forward-thinking direct response fundraising solutions, which pave the way for success for some of the nation’s leading non-profit organizations and progressive political campaigns. We offer a hybrid working environment for staff in the Milwaukee and Washington, DC metro areas.
We are seeking a dynamic digital advertising strategist who is ready to take the next step in their career. This role not only offers the opportunity to develop and execute audience growth and digital advertising strategies but serves as a stepping-stone to higher leadership positions within ABD Direct. As a vital part of our team, you will receive coaching and mentoring to foster your professional growth. The ideal candidate is creative, dedicated, energetic, and passionate about contributing to progressive causes and political campaigns, utilizing their expertise in Meta Ads, Google Ads, and Microsoft Ads to drive success.
Ad Campaign Execution and Strategy
- Start to finish manager of digital ad campaigns: budgeting campaigns, planning run dates, writing content and design guidance, placing pixels for conversion tracking, campaign setup, quality assurance checks, and optimizing campaigns toward client goals.
- Collaborates with other digital division members and vendors as needed to help deliver successful digital ad campaigns.
- Develops long-term-value reports that evaluate the effectiveness of ongoing supporter acquisition campaigns and inform future media buying.
- Develops weekly reporting on a per-client basis as needed and assists with campaign analysis.
- Responsible for understanding larger ad tech trends and the impact on clients and the company.
- Participates in the new business process by contributing to proposals and pitches.
- Works both independently and collaboratively with the Decision Science and Strategy team to develop scalable and/or custom reporting solutions that improve reporting efficiency and utility.
- Develops ad testing processes for the digital division, ensuring tests are regularly scheduled, accurately tracked, and translated into actionable insights across clients.
- Represents and advocates for the company at industry events and conferences.
- Supports operations for the company through aiding branding, marketing, accounting reconciliation, and other daily operations.
- Builds relationships with clients that lead to an understanding of each organization’s overall goals and develops media plans, strategy memos, and budgets that outline plans to meet those goals.
- Work collaboratively on client management and strategy solutions by participating in internal brainstorms, team meetings, and client calls.
Must-have Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-6 years combined experience in digital marketing, fundraising, and advertising or an equivalent combination of related training and relevant experience.
- Candidates must demonstrate hands-on experience with Google Ads, Meta Ads, and Microsoft Ads.
- A deep understanding of the digital advertising industry: you can explain complex concepts, are tracking new ad technologies, and have a philosophy about how to best use first- and third-party data to advance marketing goals.
- Experience with each part of a paid digital advertising campaign: media planning, technical setup, tracking implementation, billing, creative development, quality assurance, buying in self-serve platforms, buying direct placements, etc.
- A collaborative team player with strong leadership qualities
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with tracking, analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc.
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets
- Intense attention to detail with solid self-organization skills
Nice-to-have Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience evaluating or compiling long-term-value (or long-term ROI) reports for digital fundraising programs to evaluate the effectiveness of acquisition channels.
- Experience planning, running, and evaluating A/B tests.
- Experience preparing new business proposals or pitching new business
- Experience in email marketing, social media, website development, direct mail, or SMS marketing
- Experience working with political or non-profit organizations
- Experience managing full-time direct reports
- Experience overseeing the development of custom analytics reports
- Experience in client management or consulting
- Proficient in HTML
- Knowledge of CRM platforms such as Luminate, EveryAction, Charity Engine, Engaging Networks, MailChimp, Constant Contact, and Salesforce
- Experience in Looker Studio
Salary Range: $70,000-$90,000
We offer a supportive yet fast-paced work environment with excellent opportunities to learn and advance. Each member of the digital team has either attended a conference or course within the past calendar year. Benefits include paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance, and a matching 401k retirement plan.
ABD Direct is committed to ensuring that our employees reflect our country’s vast and valuable mix of racial, ethnic, and gender identities and socioeconomic backgrounds. Our ability to be an ideal partner for the organizations we serve requires that we build teams with a rich blend of talent, work experiences, perspectives, backgrounds, political affiliations, and beliefs. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment where all people belong and are able to participate fully and contribute meaningfully to the work we do to change the world.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com